Wednesday, May 29, 2013

CRYSTAL-SPECIAL (but not because of her needs)

Last year, I met a girl named Crystal. 
She got to come see us again this year.
Here's a few things I know about her:
                         1.   She's 24
                         2.   She loves to witness about God
                         3.   She is very well mannered
                         4.   She's very clean--showers, housework
                         5.   She has an infectious laugh
                         6.   She's suffers from epilepsy
                         7.   She's one of the sweetest people I've ever met
                         8.   She's changed my life forever
                         9.   She's very special.
                      10.    She loves Minnie Mouse
                      11.    She lives in Michigan
                      12.    She is special needs. 

Until I met her, I was never comfortable around special needs people.  I know that sounds horrible, but I never knew how to act, what to say etc...  It just made me nervous.
She has enlightened me.  She has shown me that in a lot of ways, she's smarter than "normal" people.
Yesterday, I took her to the Dollar Store.  She was wanting some Minnie Mouse sheets--which they didn't have.
We were standing in line and a friend of mine came in.
I introduced my friend to Crystal.
Within 5 minutes, Crystal had said the following to her:
God is in Heaven
He is there for you and me.
He stretched His arms out on the cross for us.
He loves us. 

WOW!!! WHAT A WITNESS!!!!
We should be so brave.

She also went on to tell about how she was mistreated/bullied  in school.
She told how some people would hold her head in the toilet 
& make her drink pee out of the toilet.  
After all of these years, she remembers their names Pam & Vickie.
Although I don't know them, she remembers them.
She says that she hates them, but I tried to tell her that they will get paid back---
maybe they already have?
I just don't understand how anyone could be mean to Crystal...she's seriously so sweet. 
I know a lot would think "They were just school kids".
I DON"T CARE!!!
I look at the special needs kids in school today & I can proudly say that the students at JCHS welcome them, protect them, are good to them and love them.  
When everyone is criticizing this generation--
I see some good in it.  

So, I'm about to go to bed last night & get a message from my friend that I saw in the Dollar Store.  
Those few minutes we spent in line with her--
Crystal touched her life too.   
You never know when or how God is gonna touch your life.
Always be ready to accept his blessings.
They come in all different shapes, sizes, colors, ages etc....

I just felt the need to blog about Crystal.  
She's gone back now and it's untelling when I'll get to see her again, but she will remain in my heart, mind, thoughts & prayers. 

 ((A lot  would probably think---"Well, she's around Alex & he's special needs.")) 
Well, that's true, but Alex is just Alex to me.
He's so smart--it's hard to think of him as being special needs.
He's just Alex. 

No comments:

Post a Comment