Friday, April 12, 2013

ALEXANDER ELIJAH

Alexander Elijah Gabbard

The boy that changed my life.



On this day, 8yrs ago, God blessed me with my first(living) great nephew. At that time, we didn't know what kind of road, we had ahead of us. 
I'll give you a little insight. 

Sis had gotten pregnant and had a stillborn
ALVIN GABBARD
November 19, 2002
She was about 20 weeks pregnant. 
She had to deliver him and he was a perfect little baby--just miniature. 
The next year, she had a miscarriage. 
After the miscarriage, we found out that she had an incompetent cervix---meaning:
Her cervix basically dilated REALLY early.
So, she gets pregnant with Alex. Since they know what's wrong with her--they can "fix" it.
They literally sew her cervix together
(if your squeamish--get over it, LOL)   
She was on bedrest for approximately 6 months. 
She was let off of bedrest on March 31st.
April 1st she falls & breaks her ankle.
APRIL FOOLS--only it's not a joke  
She then goes into labor & delivers Alex on April 12th--with a cast on her foot.
When she was in labor, the nurses kept trying to get the dr. to come in...HE WOULDN'T
SOOOO, when he does decide to show up--
(we're standing out in the hall and see him literally loafing, before going to her)  
By this time, Alex is stuck in the birth canal. They have to dislocate his shoulder to get him out. 
We suddenly hear crying-only it wasn't of a baby. It was Sis & Cheryl---screaming, crying, praying. 
He's born--unresponsive.
I'll never forget seeing the nurse run into the room with the "bagging unit". 
 It broke my heart. 
God stepped in and allowed him to begin breathing. 
What a wonderful sound--to hear his little cry. 
So, THEN, he gets jaundice and has to stay in the hospital 8 days--8 long days. As soon as Sis stopped breastfeeding him--jaundice gone.
(Useful information--nurses won't tell you)    
I think I already posted about finding out about his Autism 
(you can refer to my previous post) 
Alex--before autism... 
 
He is the most intelligent person I've ever known---SERIOUSLY!!!
He brightens my day. I could be having the worst day ever and just his smile--his way of saying "Aunteen".  
AHHHHH,I can't describe how it makes me feel. 



  About 3yrs old.    

 

So, Happy Birthday to one of the most amazing little boys that has ever been born. 
   Aunteen LOVES YOU!!!
   


    


No comments:

Post a Comment