Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Getting Personal

Time To Get A Little Personal
This is a topic you'll rarely see me speak on.
Like I said in earlier posts, "I don't do the personal stuff"

I just wanna thank God for allowing me to be able to clean today.  Many people take that "simple task" for granted.
 I don't. 
You see, today I was able to clean for OVER 2 hours--nonstop (except a bathroom break).
Some will not understand this,but others will.

I remember, about 2 1/2yrs ago, it was all I could do to load & unload the dishwasher, at one time.  Most days, I would unload it & then load it. I typically would "give-out" before I could do both of them at once.  I would have to rest between the task.

Vacuuming, I could usually vacuum about all of the house, but would immediately have to rest, afterwards. For quite sometime.
  
Cleaning the bathroom, again, I could clean it, but would have to rest afterwards.

I would like to take a little time and thank GOD--I give HIM ALL the GLORY--for allowing me to not only clean the bathroom, vacuum, kitchen, do laundry etc.. All at one time, with no breaks--for approximately 2hrs 11min. 
I pray that He continues to help me.
Yes, my feet were tired afterwards, but my back wasn't--which is where I usually have the problems. I did all of this after barely being able to walk on Sunday--THAT IS GOD!!!

I'm hoping, when the weather clears up, to get back to exercising, gym etc... I've NEVER felt better than when I was going to the gym. 
When I was literally leaving puddles of sweat upon the gym floor.  I've slacked in the last year. I've let health problems keep me from being motivated.  
It's time to get back on track. 

I don't usually talk about my weight.  It's just a subject that I've been so embarrassed about.  I guess I've thought that if I don't talk about it, no one sees it-- WRONG!!!
I'm not where I want to be-weight wise, but thank God, I'm not where I used to be. 

I'm following 2 blogs and you would not believe how the girls have helped me. Their motivation is where I was a little over a year ago.  I want that motivation back. I can't get over how open they are about the track they are on. Maybe if I hadn't been so backward, I would be farther along in my journey.  I am a mere acquaintance with both of them, but I feel like I totally understand each of their weight-loss posts.  If no one else appreciates their posts, I do. (which I'm sure many do)         

4 comments:

  1. =) You may or may not be talking about me but either way, that was a kick in the butt I needed! I've slacked this past week but really needed to see this tonight! Thank YOU for the motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was you and Ashleigh. You all are so open. Regardless if you're doing the best or having a bad day. I appreciate the openness. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the same way Lori! For whatever reason I thought as long as I didn't talk about it then it wasn't that bad. I know i'm over weight, I know that when other people see me.. they see that i'm overweight but I didn't want anyone to point it out! And I didn't want to say anything to make it seem more obvious. Blogging and just letting it all out has helped me beyond! Thank you for the encouragment!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) Good to know I'm not the only one that thinks/thought like that.

    ReplyDelete