Saturday, March 23, 2013

Not Ready To Party!!

Party Day!!
So, today is Jarica's 16th birthday party.
I've ALWAYS had her a big party, just something that I've always done. I've always had it planned out--to a T--for months.
This year, not so much.  
I just decided on the color scheme, Tuesday.  The only reason I did then, it's all that Party City had with Sweet 16 on it. 
I thought I'd have all this food for the party, but am settling for easy stuff--NOTHING, like I thought I'd have. 
I went to decorate a little last night, figured out that the 16 balloon I "thought" I had gotten at Party City--I hadn't. 
So, the big balloon bouquet that I had envisioned---
NOT HAPPENING. 
Last year, her party was gorgeous, had a wonderful turn-out (probably 60 people). This year, they are giving cold weather. 
I'm FAITH BELIEVING that God will give us at least 50 degree weather. 
I've invited many people, but haven't gotten the response I usually get.  It'll make me appreciate the ones that do show up--a little more.  That may sound harsh/mean or something, but this is my baby's BIG ONE and I want it to be special.   
OHHHH and then there's the car... 
The nonexistent one.  
I had ALL plans of surprising her with one and that just didn't happen.  It will happen, she will get one before she gets her license, but I wanted to have it outside with a big bow on it & have some witty way of letting her know it was out there.  
So, that's the biggest disappointment. 
I'm not usually a negative person--at all, but I'll be so glad when this party is over.
I'll update on the success or disaster later.
      

No comments:

Post a Comment